Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [220.127.116.11] From: Paul Cox <email@example.com> To: Subject: Paul Cox Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
REPLY TO, email@example.com
Good day, I wish to approach you with a request Regarding an
Investment and financing opportunity, we have a Profiling Amount In
an Excess of 100M USD.
which we seek to Invest, profitable business with Good ROI. Can you
be my partner on this?
At Venture Asset Finance we strongly believe in customer satisfaction,
transparency and honesty. The benefits of using our services include:
Rates starting as low as 1.0% (2) Accounts available from $5M to $500
Million (3) No credit check or Financial Statements required (4) Funds
will be placed
under clients name and signature.
Contact us for more information.
Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous amounts of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.