Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.8.103] (unknown [22.214.171.124]) Subject: Investment & Projects Funding at 3% To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: Reel Robert <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
CashFlow LLC, is a direct and private loan firm. We engage in funding short-term and loan-terms loans. If you have a good project that need to be funded, i will be able to broker the deal and secure funding for you at interest rate of 3% per annual payment.
For more details, contact me at: email@example.com
I await your further correspondence to enable us discuss further.
CEO & Project Director
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Cell-c City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offeering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.