Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.8.105] (unknown [184.108.40.206]) Subject: Apply For your 3% fast loans today To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Loan <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Goodnews today Have you been rejected by the bank, do you have poor credit or bad financial status and you need an urgent loan for any of the following reasons
.settle your debts,
.pay school fees for your children,
.complete a project,
.build a house or
.start up a business. Or for whatever purpose,
Contact us now via: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details for your fast, secure loans
Awaiting your urgent application.
Note all responses should be forwarded to: email@example.com.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: Telkom-internet City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.