Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.1.100] ([188.8.131.52]) Subject: Apply for your loan now at 3% To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: "Mrs." <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
There was no body to the message, everything is in the subject
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Bharti Airtel Ltd. As For Gprs Service City: New Delhi Country of Origin: India * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- There is no message, just a subject saying apply for a loan. A legitiamte business would not send an empty email.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from India, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud loan scam hotspot.