Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.8.101] (unknown [22.214.171.124]) Subject: Apply at Prudent Financial Loans. To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: Prudent Financial Loans <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
At prudent Finance, we offer loan at 5% interest rate per year. Fast Payout, apply now possibly paid in 48 Hours the offer covers all types of loan and the offer is open to blacklisted individual and those under debt review, ranges from R10, 000.00 to R5, 000,000.00 Kindly reply back to us with your ID and your cell number, we await your swift response.
Loan Application Manager
Prudent Financial Loans
Contact No: 068 270 0098
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Telkom-internet City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Mail2World address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.