Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org From: "Mr. MUGNAI MAURO" <email@example.com> Subject: Business Inquiry To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
Private Loan Offer SLS/00494/505/20
Loan, Investment & Project Funding
I am representing high net-worth individuals with over 500 million liquid financial assets. My clients are currently offering fixed-rate Loans designed to help business owners to restart after COVID-19 impact. Our terms are as follows:
1. Interest rate is fixed at rate at (5%) five per cent per annum.
2. Tenor from 5 to 10 years.
3. We are offering flexibility to propose a repayment plan that works best for you.
4. Possibility of 12 months moratorium
5. Borrowers may prepay the loan without penalty.
6. The Loan Closing will be conducted by inside the Lender’s bank
There are no red tapes or complex rules. Our basic requirements are that your business must be doable, honest and has good returns. If your business is worth taking a position, we can start funding as early as in a week.
To apply, please send us an executive summary of your business plan
Mr. MUGNAI MAURO
Credit Support Services Ltd (Broker)
51 Fistral Crescent
England SK15 3HN
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The company whose identity the scammer has stolen provides “Accounting and auditing activities” according to their Companies House entry, they are not involved in loans.