Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: Janet Johnson <email@example.com> Subject: Build the future you need
Build the future you need. This offer for a BANK loan of up to (Hundred Million pounds) can help you.
| Catch up on your dream | Finance your company | Finance your project |
LOAN WITH AFFORDABLE AND FIXED PAYMENTS*
Bill Robinson’s Banking & Financial Services attorneys represent local, regional, and national banks, credit unions, and other financial services businesses and we want to set you up for success. Get a loan of up to (Hundred Million pounds) with an annual percentage rate (APR) as low as 2.99%. That’s why your loan will have a repayment plan that fits your budget with monthly repayment.
Accept this offer today! Taking the first step is quick and easy with no impact on your credit score**
1. EMAIL AGENT: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. VISIT US IN PERSON: Visit Bill Robinson Law Office
*PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR RESERVATION NUMBER: AH43MMVDR
DON’T DELAY: We can hold your invitation open only until August 8, 2020.
New Customer Service Manager.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.