Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Contact Us Today To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: email@example.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are International brokerage firm, specialized in helping individuals and businesses access funding.
We are Baldwin Brokers, your complete financial solution whenever you are looking for personal loan or funding for your business.
With us, you can access funds of up to USD500 million for either start up or already existing projects. We offer funds for as low as 3% interest rate per annum.
contact us for more details:
WhoIs details for baldwinbrokers.com
Creation Date: 2020-06-28T14:40:56Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-06-28T14:40:56Z Registrant Organization: VixiBank Inc Registrant State/Province: lagos Registrant Country: NG
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is on a domain that was registered only 2 days ago by someone in Nigeria.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email has links to Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.