Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [22.214.171.124] Subject: REF: Good Morning To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: "Mr. Mr. J. Mohammed" <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a financial service company and we facilitate loans and project financing for companies and private individuals with good project.
Our loan interest rate is between 2.5%-6.7% depending on your project type and loan duration.
Our loan processing collateral security application fee is USD2,850.00 (Two thousand eight hundred and fifty dollars) only and it is pre-paid to the insurance broker company before you can access the loan , once we issue the LOI, letter of acceptance / RWA and the loan term sheet.
I can be reached on +971554845309 and also you can send a whatsup message on this number.
Do not respond if the above fee schedule is not acceptable to you.
Stay safe , while i expect your email and call.
Mr. J. Mohammed
Gulf Investment Group
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Spectranet City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email indicates that an upfront fee is required. Legitimate lenders do not do this, any fees are added to the amount of the loan and not paid separately by the borrower.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.