Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Loan offer To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: "Mrs. Angela white" <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am Mrs. Angela white director of a Private Loan Company, CIT GROUP INC, and give out a secure and unsecured loans. We offer Loans to the needy at a low rate of 2% and with no credit check, we offer Personal loan, debt consolidation loan, venture capital, business loan, education loan, home loan, or loan for any reason if you are interested contact us direct for quick response via email@example.com for more info and provide us with this info below.
(2)Amount needed as loan:
Consultant for loan applications
CIT GROUP INC
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Hotmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- Legitiamte lenders do not offer loans with no credit checks.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.