Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: email@example.com From: ojie godspower <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
Hello everyone, from Poland. I will never forget the day the lady said to me to offer you a loan of 900,000.00 zl for a start up business without resorting to banks. It was such a huge relief, I felt
like crying because I never believed in such a miracle would happen. After all, I have been scammed twice from fake loan firms.
If interested in a loan whatever your circumstances, 3% interest rate credit loan of € 3000/ € 10 Million, less pay back period 1/40 years, Reply quickly.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.