Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.43.104] (unknown [126.96.36.199]) Subject: Loan Offer To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Armanda Manidath <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Good day, we at Zenith Finance Corporation wish to inform you about our Loan Offer’s for the ember season.
We grant loan amount from the sum of 10,000 USD to 20,000,000 USD.
If you are interested, kindly let us know, your request will be granted withing 48hrs.
Zenith Finance Corporation
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.