Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Schöne Grüße To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: REPUBLIC FINANCE <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Schöne Grüße, Ich bin Pastorin Frau Kimberly von Republic Finance. Wir bieten Kredite zwischen 10.000 und 45.000.000 mit einem Zinssatz von 2%. Unsere Kredite werden innerhalb von 48 Stunden mit oder ohne Sicherheit genehmigt und ausgezahlt. Komm zurück, um dich zu bewerben. Danke und ich hoffe von Ihnen zu hören. Frau Kimberly.
Translation to English
Greetings, I am Pastor Ms. Kimberly from Republic Finance. We offer loans between 10,000 and 45,000,000 with an interest rate of 2%. Our loans are approved and paid out within 48 hours with or without security. Come back to apply. Thank you and I hope to hear from you. Mrs. Kimberly.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Yahoo address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company who are offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.