Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Vendor Cash Loan <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Vendor Cash Loan X-Originating-IP: [126.96.36.199]
Dear Valued Customer,
How are you doing today? hope this email message finds you well. Please confirm if this is the best valid email address to reach you.
Rose James (Mrs.)
Senior Loan Manager
NCR Registration No: NCRCP10758
Legal Registration No: 2018/029073/07
VENDOR CASH LOAN
45 St Georges Street;
Cape Town 8001
LEGAL STATUS: Limited Company
OWNERSHIP: Vendor Solution – South Africa
Switchboard Tel: +27 21 813 9626
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Gigatrans Ltd City: Kiev Country of Origin: Ukraine * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
WhoIs details for vendorcashloan.com
Creation Date: 2020-10-02T11:02:00.00Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-10-02T11:02:00.00Z Registrant State/Province: Cape Town Registrant Country: ZA
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is on a domain that was only registered 2 months ago.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The “company” are in South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.
- Although the sender is in South Africa, the email originated from Ukraine