Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Paola Ocampo <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: ZFC Loan Offer
Hello, we at Loan Finance Corporation would like to inform you about our offer of loans for this season. We provide a loan amount from $10,000 to $USD 20,000,000.
If you are interested, please let us know, your request will be processed within 48 hours.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.