Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Executive Loan Centre( South Africa )" <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: A Financial Help You Can Afford
Do you want to give your lifestyle a boost or have an unexpected
expense to deal with;
Email us now to make an application or Call Our number below.
Customer Switchboard Tel +277-626-6319
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free execs.com address.
- The telephone number used is a South African mobile phone number and is 1 digit too short. Legitimate loan businesses use proper landline numbers and don’t post invalid numbers.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.