Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Malota Manaka <email@example.com> Subject: Loan Offer Apply Today!!!.
Have you been searching for finance? Have you been looking for a genuine opportunity with no hassles? Look No Further!!! We guarantee you fully certified loans at 3.7% interest rate per annual. We loan Amount within the range of 5,000 USD and 500,000,000, USD Contact us today via email: firstname.lastname@example.org Whatsapp: +27-61-093-4198
Mr. R. McGuire.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.