Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [22.214.171.124] Subject: LOAN OFFER To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Michael Lending LLC <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
We offer personal loans, projects loans, business loans, car loans, home loans at an affordable interest rate of 2.5%.
If interest please email us ASAP.
Michael Lending LLC
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: clearaccess.co.za City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Financier.com address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.