Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [126.96.36.199] Subject: Loan Offer To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: email@example.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need a loan for your business or projects?
We offer any kind of loans upto $600M USD at 3% interest rate.
For more info please contact us via email.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: clearaccess.co.za City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud loan scam hotspot.