Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Project Finance From: John A Matthew <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I represent an investment company working on financing realistic and profitable projects that buys our interest via a soft loan of about 1.5% ROI for a duration of 5-10 years depending on the project feasibility and renewable tenure applies.
You can always drop me an email if you have any questions or you’d like to receive further information about our lending service. Your positive response in your earliest convenience will be highly valued.
We are also looking for financial consultants and brokers with a qualified background that will work with us as our agents and representatives. In case you are interested and have clients who need a loan. Kindly let us know.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.