Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: IBM GLOBAL FINANCING <email@example.com> Reply-To: IBM GLOBAL FINANCING <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Loan Offer 2022
Are you behind on your bills? Has the pandemic affected your finances? Do you need some form of credit assistance? Have you been rejected by your bank and other financial institutions? We grant loans to individuals, companies and private organizations for private and business purposes. We lend from $10,000 to $10,000,000 at only 3% interest with flexible repayment over 1 to 30 years. For more details please contact us at: email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.