Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [184.108.40.206] From: firstname.lastname@example.org To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: Good Day, Reply-To: <email@example.com>
Are you looking for a loan with an affordable fixed interest rate?
STRATTON FINANCE FIRM is here to help you get the best loan offer for
your new or existing business. Even if you have bad credit or low
income, you can still qualify to get a loan deal with us. We have a high
approval rate for personal and consolidation loans. We understand the
needs of our customers and offer customized loan options to suit all
budgets. Once you meet our loan approval criteria, all loan applications
are processed online with high approval rates. The process is extremely
simple Visit our website, https://strattonfinance.com.au, and sign up
for an account today to benefit from an affordable interest rate.
We look forward to being able to help you out
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: mtn.co.za City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the “company” offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.