Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Admin <email@example.com> Subject: LOAN To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [REDACTED]
Sir / Madam,
Are you looking for loans from GBP10,000 Pounds to GBP100 million Pounds, then contact us now as we provide loans with very little interest rate yearly.
We provide the funding through our Excess long term fixed deposits and we offer interested companies and individuals who really need capital for their various businesses on Health, Education, Agriculture, Real Estate, Projects and Sponsorships.
We await your reply for more details on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Collins Ray
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.