Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was forwarded to me by a victim, so no headers are available, there’s enough evidence here though to know it is a scam.
We are registered finance lender we offer fast and Legit cash to individual and companies at 3% interest rate. Do you think of getting an urgent finance to start up business,pay up bills or debt? We offer all kinds of finance to Customer and we shall be glad to offer you a finance. For more information contact us.
Why is this a loan scam?
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- Loan businesses do not operate in multiple countries. True multi-national firms would have separate entities in each country that operate only within that country.
- Truly legitimate firms have no need to refer to their services as “Legit”, only scammers do that.