Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [220.127.116.11] Subject: APPLY A LOAN To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: New Bridge Loans <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 11:43:40 +0200 Reply-To: email@example.com
NEW BRIDGE LOANS:
Get a personal,Business,Consolidation Loan And Combination Loan any amount required.Blacklisted or Bad credit? DO CONTACT US TODAY ON OUR EMAIL FOR MORE ENQUIRIES;Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loan lender financier Consultant
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Ticsa-asn City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
WhoIs details for newbridgeln.com
Creation Date: 2018-12-12T16:30:50Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-12-12T16:30:50Z Registrant Name: Dewald Baker Registrant Organization: NB Registrant Street: 203 swartz ave 203 swartz ave Registrant City: Pretoria Registrant State/Province: Gauteng Registrant Postal Code: 2000 Registrant Country: ZA Registrant Phone: +27.27815448421 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: Registrant Fax Ext: Registrant Email: email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.
- The fake domain is recently registered to someone from South Africa, using a Gmail email address.