Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from 184.108.40.206 Subject: LOAN OFFER AT 3% INTEREST RATE From: "24/7 FINANCIAL SERVICE LIMITED" <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you desperately in need of a loan?
Have you been denied of a loan from your bank or any institution?
Do you need financial assistance?
Do you need a loan to pay off your bills or buy a home?
Do you want to have a business of your own and you need a Loan for your
Sarah Campbell Ann
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: Mtn Nigeria Communication Limited City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.