Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: LOAN To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: email@example.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard Loan Limited offers 3% floating rate loan program with no collateral. (Identification Only) The minimum amount you can borrow is $ 10,000 Dollars to a maximum of $ 500 Million Dollars
Contact via EMAIL : email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.