Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [22.214.171.124] Subject: Commercial and Personal Loans To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: "''Commercial and Personal Loans''" <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
We Offer Private, Commercial and Personal Loans with very Minimal annual Interest Rates as Low as 3%. We give out loans within the range of $5,000 to $500,000,000.If you are interested contact us via E-Mail: email@example.com
Mrs. Jennifer Ray. CEO
Company Name: World Wide Financial Services
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: neology.co.za City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The website quoted is a free Wix sub-domain, which is not something a legitimate financial services company would use.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.